Class Title: The Edge: How to Write Mystery, Suspense & Thriller
Instructor: Kristen Lamb
Date: THURSDAY, July 18th, 2019
Time: 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 PM EST
Where: Bad Lamb Academy Virtual Classroom/ Portal Page (Big Blue Button)
Mystery, suspense, and thriller are highly addictive genres that come with a massive and passionate fanbase. No matter the state of the industry, a great spine-tingling adrenalin rush is always appealing.
It's also a genre that has a tremendous amount of flexibility and range, from pulp fiction and amateur sleuths all the way to gritty Pulitzer and Edgar Award Winning novels.
These genres have a place for all kinds of writers.
In this class, you'll learn:
- What exactly makes a book a mystery, suspense, thriller?
- How do these genres blend and cross over?
- How do you add in a romantic thread when bullets are flying?
- What is the structure required for each of these genres? (Where do we put in clues? Add in the red herrings?);
- How can we use imagination to deliver audiences something fresh and NEW?
- How to craft your story as a series;
- How to maximize appeal to possibly catch the film industry's eye?
- And MORE...
Remember, a FREE recording comes with purchase of the class. If you can't make the time or you just want to be able to enjoy the class and rewatch for study later on, it doesn't matter. We got you covered!
About the Instructor:
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.