How to Make Money & The Business of Podcasting
Class Title: Introduction to Podcasting
Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $149 USD Standard (Use Code New20 for $20 OFF if REGISTERED BY OCTOBER 15th)
Where: Bad Lamb Academy Virtual Classroom/Portal Page (Big Blue Button)
When: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26th, 7:00-10:00 EST (NYC TIME!)
About the Class:
Talk radio, NPR, Audible...and now podcasts. Wireless devices now let us take audio content anywhere we go, and we are now 'listening' to our books and content more than ever. Podcasts have become a major part of popular culture, with live tours, fan clubs, merchandise, memes, and even in crime solving!
In some ways, it's like blogging has jumped into the audio format. So Lamb's Laws of Branding still apply, but there are craft and technical differences we need to be aware of when we write, then produce a podcast.
In short, we need to know the business of our business.
This class will cover A LOT, which is why it is THREE HOURS. Remember, a FREE recording of this class comes with your purchase so you can sit and enjoy and go back and study, take notes at your own pace.
This class will cover:
- AGAIN, THE BASIC PREMISE: WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS PODCAST?
- What is the goal relevant to your brand/career?
- Intellectual property: who owns your podcast content?
- What is a hosting platform, and why you need one
- What is a podcast network, and what are the benefits?
- Technical ‘Stuff’: equipment, software, services, and terminology
- Super cheap (i.e. free) ways to get started
- Recording techniques
- Audio editing & production
- How to do effective Social Media/Marketing
- Money (ads & Patreon, merch, etc.)
- How to attract and score sponsors
- Patreon (or similar) and how this all works
- Fees: all that fine print stuff made simple
- How much can you make? Additional MONETIZATION!
- And more...
***Remember a FREE recording is included with purchase
About the Instructor
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in Long Beach, California with her very patient husband, a cranky old rescue mutt named Horseradish, and two insane Basenji puppies, one of whom is close to taking over North Korea, and one with existential despair.
She likes history, astronomy, Jack Daniels, jewelry, pasta, and solitude. Not all at the same time. She has worked hard to develop a good relationship with the NSA agents in the van outside her house. They now understand that her Google searches and Amazon wish list are purely for research purposes.
Cait is also the co-host of the ‘divinely funny’ podcast, Drunk Mythology Gals, which severely limits which of her book characters she will be hanging with in the afterlife.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso