Class Title: From Dream to DONE: Formatting for PRINT
Instructor: Maria Grace
Price: General Admission $99.00 USD/ ONLY $75 FOR THOSE WHO REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 23rd!!!!
Where: Bad Lamb Academy Portal (Big Blue Button)
When: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th 7:00-10:00 p.m. EST (NYC TIME)
THREE HOURS of FUN for even the most hard core technophobe! PROMISE!
Take control of your publishing future!
The key to making a living as a working writer is having more titles available for sale. How many short stories, novellas, blogs could you turn into actual physical BOOKS?
Formatting for print isn’t the sole domain of the professional writer. Print books are wonderful for memoirs, family histories, collections of short stories and/or anecdotes you might want to give as gifts.
Also, writing is a wonderful, fulfilling hobby and it’s okay to want a copy of your work you can hold.
Even if we have NO INTENTION of formatting our own books for print, the industry is rife with scam artists who overcharge or do a poor job. They get away with grifting because they target uneducated writers willing to toss money their way.
This class is ideal for those who might want to format some of their own work for print, as well as for those who want to run their writing business responsibly. If you know the terminology and the process, you will know who to hire and if what they’re offering is really what they’re quoting.
In this class, you’ll:
- Become familiar with important terminology in book interior design
- Understand the formatting mistakes that cause problems for paperback books
- Understand the basic conventions of book interior design.
- Understand how to properly set up a word file for paperback interiors including fonts, headings, images, and tables of contents
- Be able to set up their own template to create a paperback file in Word
- Understand why direct translation from a kindle to paperback is not necessarily the best option
- Learn how to troubleshoot common paperback interior problems.
Remember a FREE recording is included with purchase of class.
About the Instructor:
Maria Grace is the author of 23 books. She has a PhD in Educational Psychology and is a 16-year veteran of the university classroom where she taught courses in human growth and development, learning, test development and counseling. None of which have anything to do with her undergraduate studies in economics/sociology/managerial studies/behavior sciences.
She has one husband, earned two graduate degrees and two black belts, raised three sons, danced English Country dance for four years, is aunt to five nieces, is designing a sixth Regency-era costume, blogged seven years on Random Bits of Fascination, has outlines for eight novels waiting to be written, attended nine English country dance balls, and shared her life with ten cats.