Class Title: More Than Crop Circles: Introduction to Science Fiction
Price: $45.00 USD Standard
Where: On your personal computer
Date: Any time you want! (ON DEMAND)
Science fiction is a genre currently exploding in popularity. This genre comes with a rabidly passionate fanbase who never can seem to get enough of good stories. Great science fiction is almost guaranteed to spawn fan fiction and perhaps even hook the interest of the film industry.
Stranger Things, anyone?
Science fiction offers a wide range for all kinds of authors, from the short pulp to the longer Nebula Award winning stories.
In this class we’ll learn:
- What is genre and why should we care?
- What makes science fiction science fiction and how this relates to reader expectations?
- What are the fundamental tropes of science fiction?
- Science fiction sub-genres and how to figure out what you’ve written;
- The differences between sub-genres and Amazon categories
- How to use genre to market and sell your book!
- And more…
About the Instructor:
Maria Grace is the author of 23 books. She has a PhD in Educational Psychology and is a 16-year veteran of the university classroom where she taught courses in human growth and development, learning, test development and counseling. None of which have anything to do with her undergraduate studies in economics/sociology/managerial studies/behavior sciences.
She has one husband, earned two graduate degrees and two black belts, raised three sons, danced English Country dance for four years, is aunt to five nieces, is designing a sixth Regency-era costume, blogged seven years on Random Bits of Fascination, has outlines for eight novels waiting to be written, attended nine English country dance balls, and shared her life with ten cats.