There & Back Again: From Good Idea to Successful Novel
Instructor: Kristen Lamb
Price: General Admission $50 USD
***Use lockdown15 for $15 off
Where: On Any Compatible Device
When: ON DEMAND
Great ideas, sadly, aren’t enough to craft a novel, let alone a successful one audiences want to pay money to read. Fantastic ideas abound. Seems everyone we meet, when we mention we’re writers, the first words out of their mouths are, “I’ve always had a fantastic IDEA for a story!”
Yet, this is where most people stop. New writers tackle the idea, yet, far too often, lack the core training to develop that idea into a narrative flow that hooks in the beginning and captivates an audience all the way to the end.
This class is a 101 that will cover the basics of the narrative structure, and its variations. We’ll also cover:
- How to take an idea and test its veracity (strong enough for a novel and, if not, HOW to make it strong enough)
- How to cast the correct characters
- The basics of structure that will work for plotters, planner, pantsers, and planners, etc.
- Varying types of story structure (Aristotelian, nonlinear, parallel time-lines, etc.)
- Ways to make sure your idea and story are sound before you have an editing disaster
- And more!
About the Instructor:
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer.
She’s also the author of the highly acclaimed mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.