Story power is real! Stories bridge gaps legislation can’t. Why? Because stories allow us to empathize and understand another perspective in a way like no other. We can be another gender, race, or species!
Tag: Black History Month
Feb 06 2020
Barnes & Noble Puts Literary Classics in Blackface for Black History Month
- By Kristen Lamb in Uncategorized
Is there a stronger word for atrocity? To do this is essentially saying that people of color are incapable of having their own art or their own stories…so let’s lend them some white stories and help them out.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital Age
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Give Up! Why Your Genre is Probably Stupid May 31, 2023
- Aspiring Writers Need to Quit NOW May 24, 2023
- Rejection: What is REALLY in Control? May 16, 2023
- ‘Twas the Night Before Valentine’s February 10, 2023
- The Hero: Taking an MC from “Meh” to “Myth” February 3, 2023
- What Do You Call a Writer Who Never Reads? January 18, 2023
- To the Pain: Is Writing a Career or a Hobby? January 13, 2023
- Self-Sabotage: I Don’t Deserve Success November 29, 2022
- Unseen Blessings: Are We Truly Thankful? November 22, 2022
- 3 Simple Ways to Improve Your Writing & Increase Sales November 14, 2022
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.