One major advantage of being older is the blessing of perspective. Us “older folk” have lived enough years to have gained decades of experiences, failures, mistakes, victories, setbacks, trials, and tests. This means we have the benefit of context. Many of us also have a clearer picture of what “success” really looks like. What is …
Tag: reaching goals
Apr 27 2015
The Dip is that span of suck before the breakthrough. The Dip is where character develops, where dreams grow, where WE grow. Bad news is this is also the place where most people give up.
Jan 01 2015
Living intentionally is vital because it allows us what I believe is one of the HUGE keys to reaching our dreams—learning to be an OUTLASTER.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Gatekeepers & Good Books: Trophy Fishing in a Literary Tsunami July 15, 2019
- The Breakout Novel & Why Publishing is Desperate for the Next BIG Thing July 12, 2019
- Inner Demons: Soap Opera Drama vs. Story Drama July 9, 2019
- Fiction Addiction: How Great Storytellers Put the “Meth” into “Method” June 26, 2019
- The Death of Ye Olden Bookstores & the Author Identity Crisis June 19, 2019
- Barnes & Noble SOLD: Goliath has Fallen & What This Means for Writers June 11, 2019
- Game of Thrones: A Song of ‘I Literally Can’t Even’ May 20, 2019
- Flawed Characters vs. “Too Dumb to Live”: What Makes the Difference? May 13, 2019
- Bad People Make Better Stories: Crafting the Perfect ‘Unlikable’ Character May 7, 2019
- 5 Newbie Mistakes that Will KILL a Perfectly Good Story May 2, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.