FREE! For the love of all that is chocolate, free us from FREE! *takes soothing breath* I’ve been blogging for over ten years, a witness to the terrifying and extraordinary changes in publishing. Initially, I was NO fan of self-publishing because entropy is alive and well…even with books. I knew once we opened Pandora’s Publishing, …
Tag: digital publishing
Jun 21 2018
Jan 02 2013
Happy New Year! Today we are going to revisit a favorite series of mine that I call Don’t Eat the Butt. Why? Because typing “butt” makes me giggle. Besides, when it comes to New Year’s Resolutions, I guarantee most of you vowed to 1) start your novel 2) finish your novel 3) land an agent …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Advice: The Great, the Bad & Good Intentions Turned Toxic Dogma July 9, 2020
- The Johari Window: Understanding & Harnessing the Character Blind Spot June 16, 2020
- Wounds: Unforgettable Characters are Fashioned from Damaged Pieces June 2, 2020
- Deception as a Storytelling Device: Introducing the Unreliable Narrator May 26, 2020
- Creating a Story-Worthy Problem That Will Captivate an Audience May 13, 2020
- Enemy Without a Face: When Dealing With a Different Sort of ‘Villain’ April 17, 2020
- The Truth About Introverts & Why the Quarantine is Hard on Us, Too April 10, 2020
- The BBT: Meet the Big Boss Troublemaker & Brain Behind All Stories April 6, 2020
- Ideas Collide: Powerful Storms are the Center of All Great Stories March 23, 2020
- Quiet: Have We Forgotten to Be Still in a World That Never Stops? February 28, 2020
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.