As many of you already know, historically, novelists have endured a mind-numbing failure rate. Even up to 2007, traditionally published novelists only had a 1 in 9 chance of ever seeing a second book in print. Most writers failed to sell through their print run (per BEA statistics) and had to return to the day …
Nov 02 2011
The world is changing faster than any of us can keep up, and publishing is certainly not immune. Yet, one constant remains. There are only two ways to sell lots of books–good book and word of mouth. Period. Book trailer, bookmarks, giveaways, and flare are fun, but are certainly not major drivers of book sales. …
Sep 28 2011
Welcome to WANA Wednesday, based off my #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. My social media methods are all about authentic human connections. I am also a strong supporter of working smarter, not harder. We need to work together to …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Guilt: How Shame, Regret & Guilt Shape Story September 19, 2022
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Prologues September 14, 2022
- The Priority Parallax: What’s TRULY Important? August 17, 2022
- Optimism Overdose: Sometimes Life STINKS July 20, 2022
- World-Building: Captivate Readers & Never Let Go July 11, 2022
- Formula: Writing to Formula vs. Being Formulaic June 30, 2022
- Writing Rules: How & Why We Play ‘Follow the Reader’ June 23, 2022
- Neurodivergent: Being ‘Different’ in Life & Fiction June 14, 2022
- On Writing: Why Mastery Should Matter to Authors June 8, 2022
- Write FAST & Furious! Outrunning “Spock Brain” May 31, 2022
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.