We needed to grow roots where we would enjoy the most returns for our efforts. In short, authors must break their dependence on social media sites. Sites like Facebook should always be servants of the greater brand…NEVER its master.
Tag: creating an author brand
Jul 25 2016
Apr 14 2014
The same articles that will discourage writers from social media because it doesn’t sell books aren’t also demanding we halt all book signings. Book signing are fun, they are social, and they’ve historically been a way to connect authors to an audience in a personal way. Until social media they were the only way.
- Amazon, Barnes & Noble going bankrupt, book signings don't impact book sales, creating an author brand, how social media sells books, Kristen Lamb, Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World, social media doesn't sell books, the future of bookstores, WANA, We Are Not alone, why social media doesn't sell books, writers and social media
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- “Woobie” Anti-Villains & Sympathy for the Devil September 19, 2023
- Anti-Villains & Why We Love GOOD Baddies September 8, 2023
- Pitch Your Story in a Pinch (ONE Sentence) August 31, 2023
- Change Happens: Acceptance vs. Resignation August 25, 2023
- Darkest Moment: Why Losing Everything Matters August 16, 2023
- Set a Story ON FIRE from Beginning to End June 12, 2023
- Give Up! Why Your Genre is Probably Stupid May 31, 2023
- Aspiring Writers Need to Quit NOW May 24, 2023
- Rejection: What is REALLY in Control? May 16, 2023
- ‘Twas the Night Before Valentine’s February 10, 2023
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.