Branding, at least for authors, is a relatively new concept. Selling books was SO much ‘easier’ before the digital age, when life ran at a comparable snail-hooked-on-Valium pace. Or it at least seems that way.
Tag: Kristen Lamb Rise of the Machines
Apr 05 2018
Branding is a word that seems to have one day—POOF—appeared out of the ether. In fact, when I began blogging in 2006 almost no one in publishing used the term. The rare few who did were hard-pressed to properly/clearly define what a ‘brand’ was. In fact, many authorities believed authors didn’t need to be bothered …
Mar 06 2017
As digital age authors we have challenges and responsibilities unique to the time we are in. Namely, our job has become vastly more complex. This is why it is really important to get the right information from the get-go. If y’all hadn’t noticed, this blog is now on my author web site. FINALLY! So happy …
- blogging for writers, Kristen Lamb, Kristen Lamb Rise of the Machines, publishing, publishing a book, Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World, social media for writers, tips for social media, what is the difference between wordpress and wordpress.org, why do you want a self-hosted blogging platform, Why do you want a self-hosted site
Dec 29 2016
We are THANK GOD bringing a close to 2016. Though I’ve survived, I feel like I’ve dragged myself out of a Dumpster fire. Is it me or did 2016 actually last three years? But as Robert H. Schuller once said… Tough times never last but tough people do. Many who read this blog desire to …
Jul 25 2016
We needed to grow roots where we would enjoy the most returns for our efforts. In short, authors must break their dependence on social media sites. Sites like Facebook should always be servants of the greater brand…NEVER its master.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Meltdowns: Chaos & the Neurodivergent Author December 6, 2023
- Neurodivergent Authors: Not Lazy or “Broken” November 22, 2023
- Book Reviews: Why They Matter SO Much November 10, 2023
- Redemption: Can All Characters Be “Saved”? October 31, 2023
- Crossroads: Do the Dead Tell Tales? October 23, 2023
- Reading with Intent: Becoming a Better Writer October 13, 2023
- 13 Reasons Writers are Mistaken for Serial Killers October 6, 2023
- “Woobie” Anti-Villains & Sympathy for the Devil September 19, 2023
- Anti-Villains & Why We Love GOOD Baddies September 8, 2023
- Pitch Your Story in a Pinch (ONE Sentence) August 31, 2023
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.