Okay so last time we talked about experts and why we need to be careful who we are listening to. Sure some “experts” are really predators. Others mean well, they just aren’t a good fit for what an author needs. Here’s a simple truth that a lot of writers miss and this is so fundamental. …
Tag: book promotion
May 09 2017
Branding for Authors—When Do We NEED Marketing & Advertising?
Nov 10 2014
Book Promotion that Makes an Impression—Don't Advertise When You Can PADvertise
- By Kristen Lamb in Humor, Uncategorized
Since most of us are neck-deep in work and NaNoWriMo, I thought it was time to talk about something OTHER than writing. How are you going to MARKET that NaNo novel by December 3rd, 2014? Only amateurs need “revisions” *rolls eyes*.
Jan 20 2014
Predators Abound—How Writers Can Be Savvy in Social Media, Marketing and Promotion
We’ve been talking a lot about the new publishing paradigm and all the options writers have. Being the WANA Mama, I feel it’s my duty to feed you guys the grow-up stuff. So, if you want a fluffy kitten hug? This is the wrong place. There are plenty of people who offer a magic algorithm or promotion package or SEO package “guaranteed” to launch a writer to fame and fortune.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital Age
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- ‘Twas the Night Before Valentine’s February 10, 2023
- The Hero: Taking an MC from “Meh” to “Myth” February 3, 2023
- What Do You Call a Writer Who Never Reads? January 18, 2023
- To the Pain: Is Writing a Career or a Hobby? January 13, 2023
- Self-Sabotage: I Don’t Deserve Success November 29, 2022
- Unseen Blessings: Are We Truly Thankful? November 22, 2022
- 3 Simple Ways to Improve Your Writing & Increase Sales November 14, 2022
- Horror: Why We Love It, Hate It & NEED It October 19, 2022
- Motivation & How What Drives Us Defines Us October 10, 2022
- Guilt: How Shame, Regret & Guilt Shape Story September 19, 2022
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.