Okay so last time we talked about experts and why we need to be careful who we are listening to. Sure some “experts” are really predators. Others mean well, they just aren’t a good fit for what an author needs. Here’s a simple truth that a lot of writers miss and this is so fundamental. …
Tag: advertising books
Aug 26 2016
Very often when I write about brand and platform, writers assume I am talking about promotion and marketing (ads) and that is not only a false assumption, it can be a fatal one. When we hop onto Twitter or Facebook and are barraged with book spam, a big reason it annoys us (though not the …
- advertising books, author branding, author platform, author promotion, branding for writers, Kristen Lamb, Kristen lamb Branding Expert, Mylan epi-pen disaster, Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World, the difference between platform and promotion, what is a brand, what is an author brand, what is an author platform
Jan 20 2014
We’ve been talking a lot about the new publishing paradigm and all the options writers have. Being the WANA Mama, I feel it’s my duty to feed you guys the grow-up stuff. So, if you want a fluffy kitten hug? This is the wrong place. There are plenty of people who offer a magic algorithm or promotion package or SEO package “guaranteed” to launch a writer to fame and fortune.
Nov 14 2012
Okay, any of you who regularly follow my blog know that I am totally out of my mind a bit eccentric. This past weekend I was speaking at the Idaho Book Extravaganza, and I had to excuse myself to the ladies’ room. As I closed the door to the stall, I noticed all the advertising …
Jun 13 2012
Author Piper Bayard and I are “WINNING!” Foxy with Moxie at DFW Con 2012 Last week we talked about some changes with Facebook. Can they now hold our fan pages hostage? Now that the giant is a publicly traded company, we just should expect that they are going to look for ways to generate profits …
- advertising authors, advertising books, artists advertising effectiveness, author platform, effective marketing writers, Kristen Lamb, P&G, Proctor Gamble, publishing, social media authors, social media creative professionals, social media writers, TV industrial complex writers, WANA, WANA International, We Are Not alone
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Ideas Collide: Powerful Storms are the Center of All Great Stories March 23, 2020
- Quiet: Have We Forgotten to Be Still in a World That Never Stops? February 28, 2020
- Story Power: Why the Lecture? Why Can’t a Book Just Be a Book? February 17, 2020
- The Synopsis: Why Love Hurts & Pain Can Be Good for Our Writing February 14, 2020
- Barnes & Noble Puts Literary Classics in Blackface for Black History Month February 6, 2020
- Amazon Past Prime: Why Major Retailers & Publishers are Going it Alone February 3, 2020
- Don’t Advertise, PADvertise: Catch Readers With Their Pants Down January 14, 2020
- No Sales or Lackluster Sales: It Isn’t the Reader, It’s the Book…Really January 10, 2020
- FEAR: Why Humans Crave Stories That Scare Them January 6, 2020
- Penguin SOLD: Publishing, Change & Lady Chatterley’s Lover, Oh MY! December 30, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.