Learn how to master fear then put it to work. Seems so simple. Scratch that. Fear? It’s terrifying! Humans live in a world soaked in fear, always have and always will. Fear is valid, necessary and keeps us alive. Yet, fear is a double-edged blade that can harm us or take out our darkest demons. …
Tag: facing fear
May 16 2014
We have all this training about success, and that’s great. I blog about it, too. But, we can’t become good at success until we get really good at failure. When we step out and dare to dream, to write a book or query or blog or freelance or do anything remarkable, we have to LET GO.
Jun 18 2013
The first two books are behind me and I know how they were received (duh), but what about this third one? It’s completely different and I take some huge risks and what if people think I was eating lead paint, licking toads and smoking Qualudes while writing? Wait. Does one smoke Qualudes? What if everyone HATES it????
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- The Villain: Crafting Scoundrels, Sinners & Substance of Legends November 6, 2019
- On Writing: Why Mastery Should Matter to the Serious Author October 29, 2019
- Finding Our WHY: The Beating Heart That Keeps Our Muse ALIVE October 9, 2019
- Do Some People Lack the Talent to be a Successful Author? September 30, 2019
- Motive: The Key to Writing Stories Readers Can’t Put Down September 27, 2019
- Characters: Audiences Read Stories, but Great Stories Read the Audience September 23, 2019
- Branding & The Brain: How Social Media Changes but People Never Will September 17, 2019
- Thirteen Reasons Writers are Mistaken for Serial Killers September 13, 2019
- Authors: Taking Charge of Our Future in a Time of Uncertainty September 11, 2019
- Fiction Addiction: 3 Simple Ways to Make Your Series HOOK Readers September 4, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.