Editing has always been a critical factor regarding any book’s success. This has NOT changed. If anything, proper editing is a complete game-changer now more than ever in the history of publishing. Why? Because too many writers fail to appreciate just how vital proper editing is. They skimp on the editing for the sassy cover …
Tag: revising a novel
Dec 10 2018
Today we’re going to talk about revising a novel. It’s a highly emotional and arduous task, but vital. Revising a novel is more than mind-bending work at a computer (or with a red pen for the retro crowd). It’s a tough emotional experience that can blindside us and land us in the mire if we …
Mar 25 2014
This is my preferred method, because I am notorious for editing stuff to death. In the novel I just finished, I forbade content editing. There were times I thought what I was writing was ridiculous. SHEER MADNESS. But, as I got closer to the end, I realized my subconscious was far smarter than I am.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Don’t Advertise, PADvertise: Catch Readers With Their Pants Down January 14, 2020
- No Sales or Lackluster Sales: It Isn’t the Reader, It’s the Book…Really January 10, 2020
- FEAR: Why Humans Crave Stories That Scare Them January 6, 2020
- Penguin SOLD: Publishing, Change & Lady Chatterley’s Lover, Oh MY! December 30, 2019
- Voice: What is Writing ‘Voice’ & Why is It Important to Storytelling? December 10, 2019
- Five Holiday Challenges Only Writers Will Understand December 6, 2019
- Unplugged Book Sales: Is It Possible to Sell Books Off-Line? December 4, 2019
- The Winning Edge: In a Glutted Market, How Can Authors Stand Apart? November 21, 2019
- The Evil Has Landed: Villains Could Be Much Like You…or Even Me November 18, 2019
- The Villain: Crafting Scoundrels, Sinners & Substance of Legends November 6, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.