How do we sell more books? This is the big question all authors ask (myself included). Obviously, there are countless opinions about how to sell more books, but not all opinions are created equally. Thus, before we hop onto the latest marketing/promotion fad we’re wise to understand why traditional marketing doesn’t sell books. Books are not …
Tag: social media platforms
Apr 11 2013
The hard truth is that we will always be open to people who want something for free and yes, technology can exacerbate this. Making more laws or making e-books more difficult to download or pricing them the same as hardbacks doesn’t deter thieves. In my opinion, it only encourages this kind of behavior.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Plot Twists: Types of Twists & Why They’re AMAZING for Stories September 15, 2021
- Binging is BIG: 3 Simple Ways to Make Your Series HOOK Readers September 10, 2021
- The Log-Line: Can You Pitch Your ENTIRE Story in ONE Sentence? September 2, 2021
- Writer’s Block: Is It Laziness or a Critical Part of Being a Longtime Author? August 25, 2021
- Description: The Good the Bad and the Just Please STOP August 4, 2021
- What’s a REAL Writer? Spotting Terminological Inexactitude Syndrome July 16, 2021
- Why Editing Matters & Simple Ways to Make Your Work SHINE July 12, 2021
- The Burning Desire: The Difference Between Magnificent & Maddening July 7, 2021
- The Writer’s Journey: From Total Newbie to the Joy of Mastery May 14, 2021
- Characters: The Emotional Touchstone Readers Crave May 5, 2021
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.