We have dreams and deadlines and most of us have grown fond of clean clothes. Also, our family is all needy and whiny and says things like, “Mommy, why is there no food?”
Tag: ADD writers
Apr 06 2015
Human nature is a weird thing and, had I not seen this 5% rule play out countless times, I’d still be an unbeliever. Yet, like everyone is not meant to be a Navy S.E.A.L., not everyone is meant to be a career author.
Sep 04 2014
One key difference between the amateur and the professional is the professional shows up no matter what. Life will not stop because we have a dream of being a NYTBSA.
Jan 08 2013
In the comments in yesterday’s post, my good pal Richard Snow asked how I somehow manage to get a lot of stuff done, despite my having the attention span of a fruit fly…with a bad crack habit. Here are 10 ways to help you be productive even if OOH! SHINY! …even if you tend to …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Amazing Grace: What Do We Do When We’re Our Own Worst Critic? December 21, 2020
- EVIL: Our Love-Hate Relationship With Mischief, Mayhem & Destruction November 13, 2020
- Transformation: Actions Speak Louder Than Words November 11, 2020
- Self-Discipline: Can’t Someone Else Just Do This FOR Us? November 9, 2020
- Holding Out for a Hero: Tips for Building a Protagonist Readers Will LOVE November 6, 2020
- Story Structure: Why Some Stories Fall Apart & Fail to Hook Readers October 30, 2020
- Narrative Style: The Heart of Storytelling & Why It Also Matters in Memoir October 21, 2020
- The Quest: “The Tip of the Spear” & The Hero’s Journey Meets Memoir September 14, 2020
- Character Building: How Story Forges & Refines Characters September 3, 2020
- Finding Our Focus During Crazy Times: Only So Many Ducks to Give August 26, 2020
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.