Human nature is a weird thing and, had I not seen this 5% rule play out countless times, I’d still be an unbeliever. Yet, like everyone is not meant to be a Navy S.E.A.L., not everyone is meant to be a career author.
Tag: becoming a career author
Apr 06 2015
Aug 12 2013
Granted, there was a time when all writers did was write. They drank whiskey by the gallon, chain-smoked and stayed in their hole until it was time to hand their nicotine-stained manuscript to their agents and editors. Back then, writers never had to worry their pretty little heads about all the business stuff (they also suffered a 93% failure rate as late as 2006, per Book Expo of America statistics).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- “Woobie” Anti-Villains & Sympathy for the Devil September 19, 2023
- Anti-Villains & Why We Love GOOD Baddies September 8, 2023
- Pitch Your Story in a Pinch (ONE Sentence) August 31, 2023
- Change Happens: Acceptance vs. Resignation August 25, 2023
- Darkest Moment: Why Losing Everything Matters August 16, 2023
- Set a Story ON FIRE from Beginning to End June 12, 2023
- Give Up! Why Your Genre is Probably Stupid May 31, 2023
- Aspiring Writers Need to Quit NOW May 24, 2023
- Rejection: What is REALLY in Control? May 16, 2023
- ‘Twas the Night Before Valentine’s February 10, 2023
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.