Self-discipline usually is one of those terms most people use in January when hastily scribbling out New Year’s Resolutions. Of course, that was before 2020 came along and tore a hole in the space-time continuum.
Aug 26 2020
Finding our focus has never been easy. Many of us have always lacked direction and fallen short on “clarity.” We’d multitasked ourselves into a daily fugue state long before COVID and quarantines and Zoom upended our lives.
Jan 04 2019
It’s winter here in Texas, which means almost next to nothing since Texas is a female state. Today, I think I will be SPRING! No…winter. Wait, why not BOTH? While the temperature is all over, and most of the time we have no clue what to wear each day (aside from one of everything), the plants …
Aug 05 2016
An amateur is not someone who is merely new. An amateur is a mindset.
Feb 09 2015
We’re a few weeks out from the New Year and many of us are struggling. I don’t think I am saying anything crazy when I assert that most of us would LIKE to improve. We want to learn and grow and be better over time. No one dreams about being broke, stressed, overweight and unhappy. …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Silencers: Outside Hollywood Movies, Not Everything Can Be ‘Silenced’ October 19, 2021
- Firearms: The Writer’s Guide to “Knowing Your Weapon!” October 15, 2021
- Fight Scenes: Deep Cover & How to Write the Good Fight October 12, 2021
- Is Podcasting the New Blog? September 30, 2021
- Finding TIME: Five Simple Ways to Finish a Book September 28, 2021
- Brave New Writing & Learning to Think Outside the Book September 24, 2021
- Plot Twists: Types of Twists & Why They’re AMAZING for Stories September 15, 2021
- Binging is BIG: 3 Simple Ways to Make Your Series HOOK Readers September 10, 2021
- The Log-Line: Can You Pitch Your ENTIRE Story in ONE Sentence? September 2, 2021
- Writer’s Block: Is It Laziness or a Critical Part of Being a Longtime Author? August 25, 2021
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.