Self-discipline usually is one of those terms most people use in January when hastily scribbling out New Year’s Resolutions. Of course, that was before 2020 came along and tore a hole in the space-time continuum.
Apr 24 2019
Self sabotage is so common in our Western culture, I think we’re almost oblivious to how much we actually do it. We’re even more clueless about specifically WHY we do it. The answer is pretty simple, but I’ll add in something special to spice it up a bit. *jazz hands* #YouAreWelcome Whether we want to …
Apr 04 2019
Optimism is essential for a healthy life, healthy vision in particular…sort of like Vitamin A. In fact, for the purposes of today’s post, optimism IS Vitamin A for AWESOME. Why is the song ‘Everything is Awesome’ from the Lego Movie queuing in my head? I’ve not blogged in almost a MONTH. This has NEVER happened in all …
Feb 11 2019
Drudgery—enduring the tired, tedious and unremarkable chores—is what makes the difference between those who dream and those who do. Why am I talking about this? Because recently I saw some quote scroll past on social media. It was something (of course) posted by one of those super happy ‘life coach’ people. Though I’m certain the …
Jan 04 2019
It’s winter here in Texas, which means almost next to nothing since Texas is a female state. Today, I think I will be SPRING! No…winter. Wait, why not BOTH? While the temperature is all over, and most of the time we have no clue what to wear each day (aside from one of everything), the plants …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Firearms: The Writer’s Guide to “Knowing Your Weapon!” October 15, 2021
- Fight Scenes: Deep Cover & How to Write the Good Fight October 12, 2021
- Is Podcasting the New Blog? September 30, 2021
- Finding TIME: Five Simple Ways to Finish a Book September 28, 2021
- Brave New Writing & Learning to Think Outside the Book September 24, 2021
- Plot Twists: Types of Twists & Why They’re AMAZING for Stories September 15, 2021
- Binging is BIG: 3 Simple Ways to Make Your Series HOOK Readers September 10, 2021
- The Log-Line: Can You Pitch Your ENTIRE Story in ONE Sentence? September 2, 2021
- Writer’s Block: Is It Laziness or a Critical Part of Being a Longtime Author? August 25, 2021
- Description: The Good the Bad and the Just Please STOP August 4, 2021
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.