There is a new trend that is piquing my interest and I think it is going to make a revolutionary change in social media that might even have the power to topple the mighty Facebook.
Tag: Rise of the Machines–Human Authors in a Digital World Kristen Lamb
Jul 22 2016
- augmented reality games, Can Pokemon Go Kill Facebook, Is Facebook dying, Kristen Lamb, Kristen Lamb Rise of the Machines, Pokemon, Pokemon Go, Pokemon Go Facebook, Pokemon Go for families, Pokemon Go players, Rise of the Machines--Human Authors in a Digital World Kristen Lamb, social media trends, Will Pokemon Go Be the end on Facebook
Jan 26 2015
Persistence is a wonderful trait. Persistence is noble. But persistence can look a lot like stupid.
Jan 16 2015
Also, if social media is so grossly ineffective, what explanation do we have for the MASSIVE power shift from BIG NYC publishing to indie and self-published authors now 1) making a reasonable second income 2) making a decent enough living to finally write full-time 3) nontraditional authors taking up an increasing portion of major bestseller lists like the New York Times and USA Today and 4) the major inflation of fiction writers now making six and seven figures?
- Amazon, does social media sell books, indie authors, Kristen Lamb social media expert for authors and writers, Rise of the Machines--Human Authors in a Digital World Kristen Lamb, social media author brand, social media author platform, the future of publishing, using social media to sell books, W.A.N.A., writers and social media
Jan 12 2015
Yes, we know you have a book to sell…really. Using Twitter as a free and easy way to spam people is annoying and grossly ineffective. It is also traditional marketing, which doesn’t sell books.
- how to build a twitter platform, how to properly use twitter, how to use hashtags, Kristen Lamb, Rise of the Machines--Human Authors in a Digital World Kristen Lamb, social media expert writers Kristen Lamb, social media platforms for authors, spamming and twitter, Twitter, WANA, We Are Not alone, Writing, writing tips
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Don’t Advertise, PADvertise: Catch Readers With Their Pants Down January 14, 2020
- No Sales or Lackluster Sales: It Isn’t the Reader, It’s the Book…Really January 10, 2020
- FEAR: Why Humans Crave Stories That Scare Them January 6, 2020
- Penguin SOLD: Publishing, Change & Lady Chatterley’s Lover, Oh MY! December 30, 2019
- Voice: What is Writing ‘Voice’ & Why is It Important to Storytelling? December 10, 2019
- Five Holiday Challenges Only Writers Will Understand December 6, 2019
- Unplugged Book Sales: Is It Possible to Sell Books Off-Line? December 4, 2019
- The Winning Edge: In a Glutted Market, How Can Authors Stand Apart? November 21, 2019
- The Evil Has Landed: Villains Could Be Much Like You…or Even Me November 18, 2019
- The Villain: Crafting Scoundrels, Sinners & Substance of Legends November 6, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.