They were Kung-Fu Writing! Those geeks were fast as lighting! Adverbs a little bit frightening! Okay, I’ll stop. 2012 is the Year of the Dragon! Hiyah! *does really lame karate kick*. And yes, I screwed up and initially put Year of the Tiger. But was it really a goof? I think NOT. 2012 is gonna …
Tag: Are You There Blog It’s Me Writer
Jan 06 2012
Dec 16 2011
Okay, if you are a fan of this blog, you know I am all about helping writers. Part of how I help is that you can count on me for the unvarnished truth. I know there are a lot of people who believe they want to be writers. Hey, rock on! The more the weirder…I …
Oct 05 2011
I know we are supposed to be talking about the third person you need to know to be successful on social media–the Salesman. But, over the weekend my Great Aunt Iris (who might as well have been my grandmother we were so close) slipped into a coma and then passed away on Sunday morning. She …
Oct 04 2011
Dr. Twuth–Because social media shouldn’t make you want to punch kittens. Welcome to Tuesdays with Dr. Twuth, here to answer all your questions, problems and concerns about social media. Since social media (done properly) involves interacting with other humans, it is just a good plan to have an advice column handy to help navigate the emotional …
Sep 30 2011
Happy Friday!!!! Today I have a really special treat for you guys. I do have to say that I love being right, but sometimes it kinda sux being right…but then it goes back to being awesome that I am right. Confused? Okay, well I started a ton of controversy surrounding writer blogs with such posts …
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
Subscribe to Blog via Email
BigBlueButtonNo meeting rooms are currently available to join.
- Barnes & Noble SOLD: Goliath has Fallen & What This Means for Writers June 11, 2019
- Game of Thrones: A Song of ‘I Literally Can’t Even’ May 20, 2019
- Flawed Characters vs. “Too Dumb to Live”: What Makes the Difference? May 13, 2019
- Bad People Make Better Stories: Crafting the Perfect ‘Unlikable’ Character May 7, 2019
- 5 Newbie Mistakes that Will KILL a Perfectly Good Story May 2, 2019
- Three Ways We Sabotage Our Own Success & How to Change April 24, 2019
- How Writing Faster Can Vastly Improve Your Storytelling April 11, 2019
- Optimism Overdose: Why It’s Healthy to Admit Life STINKS April 4, 2019
- Editing for Authors: 7 Ways to Tighten the Story and Cut Costs March 8, 2019
- Play to Win: Authors, Empires & Why Amazon is Killing NYC Publishing March 1, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.