One would think a lot of what I teach about social media (Twitter) would be self-explanatory, but hey…we live in a world where a box of frozen corn dogs has a warning that I need to REMOVE the corn dogs from the box BEFORE placing in oven. Hell, who KNEW? As a social media expert, …
Jan 09 2015
Nov 10 2014
Since most of us are neck-deep in work and NaNoWriMo, I thought it was time to talk about something OTHER than writing. How are you going to MARKET that NaNo novel by December 3rd, 2014? Only amateurs need “revisions” *rolls eyes*.
May 06 2014
This week I have to go to a parent-teacher meeting regarding The Spawn. They are concerned he is developmentally behind because he’s four and people have a hard time understanding him. His speech isn’t where it “should be.” And this just puts a knot in my skirt.
May 02 2014
I had to vacuum up my father, and he’s now laid to rest with cremated flip-slops, cat fur, dust bunnies one of my favorite earrings, and I hope that makes him happy after being a smart@$$ about that “being blown up in space” crap.
Apr 02 2014
This is empirical “proof” that yes, we parents were correct. Toddlers do drain energy. This also “proves” that children, as they get bigger, drain even MORE energy. Think how fast a 98 oz. margarita would chill your tamales (being “Tamale Mom” and “Tamale Dad”) and this explains why teenagers drain energy faster…unless the 98 oz margarita, um teenager wants to date or wear too much makeup and that will temporarily heat the tamales, er parents.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Finding Our WHY: The Beating Heart That Keeps Our Muse ALIVE October 9, 2019
- Do Some People Lack the Talent to be a Successful Author? September 30, 2019
- Motive: The Key to Writing Stories Readers Can’t Put Down September 27, 2019
- Characters: Audiences Read Stories, but Great Stories Read the Audience September 23, 2019
- Branding & The Brain: How Social Media Changes but People Never Will September 17, 2019
- Thirteen Reasons Writers are Mistaken for Serial Killers September 13, 2019
- Authors: Taking Charge of Our Future in a Time of Uncertainty September 11, 2019
- Fiction Addiction: 3 Simple Ways to Make Your Series HOOK Readers September 4, 2019
- Pay the Bookseller! Why C.E.O. James Daunt Won’t Save Barnes & Noble August 28, 2019
- Deep POV: What IS It & Why Do Readers LOVE It So Much? August 26, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.