Years ago, when I first started writing, fiction was my passion. The problem, however, is that passion devoid of training is a formula to end up with 174,000 word tome that is the stuff of agent nightmares. I wish I was one of those talented people who “got it” from the start. I didn’t. I …
Tag: Miranda Priestly
Mar 07 2011
Dare to Be Excellent (This Might Hurt a Little)
- antagonist, blog, blogging, Bob Mayer, brand, character, characters, conflict, critique groups, editing, fear, fiction, Kristen Lamb, Miranda Priestly, platform, plot, publishing, readers, social media, story, Success, The Devil Wears Prada, traditional publishing, Twitter, warrior-writer, We Are Not alone, Writing
- 71 comments
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital Age
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- ‘Twas the Night Before Valentine’s February 10, 2023
- The Hero: Taking an MC from “Meh” to “Myth” February 3, 2023
- What Do You Call a Writer Who Never Reads? January 18, 2023
- To the Pain: Is Writing a Career or a Hobby? January 13, 2023
- Self-Sabotage: I Don’t Deserve Success November 29, 2022
- Unseen Blessings: Are We Truly Thankful? November 22, 2022
- 3 Simple Ways to Improve Your Writing & Increase Sales November 14, 2022
- Horror: Why We Love It, Hate It & NEED It October 19, 2022
- Motivation & How What Drives Us Defines Us October 10, 2022
- Guilt: How Shame, Regret & Guilt Shape Story September 19, 2022
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.