First of all, I want you guys to know that I MISSED YOU! July was a whirlwind month for sure and reminded me of the days when I used to be on the road for sales. Wandering out of bed in the night to go to the bathroom, yet suddenly realizing you’re in a coat …
Mar 14 2012
On Monday’s post we talked about the importance of craft in the new paradigm, yet there seems to be some assumptions floating around that I feel are flawed, and we need to talk about those today. We are artists, and the ONLY one who can develop and mature an artist is…the artist. We are …
Dec 22 2010
2011 is the year of the Rabbit. That rabbit is DYNAMITE! Okay, so I had to find a way to make a rabbit seem badass, and that gave me an opportunity to use a gratuitous Monty Python reference. Making a rabbit seem hard core is not all that easy, you know. I want you guys fired up for …
Oct 06 2010
Welcome to WANA Wednesday, based off my best-selling book We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. This is the day I dedicate to making your social media experience more enjoyable and productive. Many authors have gotten the message that they need to be on social media and they need to be blogging. But one …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Change Matters: How to Write Stories that Grip Readers & Don’t Let Go April 16, 2021
- Sales: How Can You Sell More Books When You’re Terrified of Selling? April 5, 2021
- Commitment Matters: The Art of Embracing ‘The SUCK’ March 11, 2021
- ‘The Silence’ Movie: How to Botch Storytelling in Every Way Imaginable March 2, 2021
- Tough Choices: The Professional Writer’s Daily Grind February 23, 2021
- Amazing Grace: What Do We Do When We’re Our Own Worst Critic? December 21, 2020
- EVIL: Our Love-Hate Relationship With Mischief, Mayhem & Destruction November 13, 2020
- Transformation: Actions Speak Louder Than Words November 11, 2020
- Self-Discipline: Can’t Someone Else Just Do This FOR Us? November 9, 2020
- Holding Out for a Hero: Tips for Building a Protagonist Readers Will LOVE November 6, 2020
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.