We needed to grow roots where we would enjoy the most returns for our efforts. In short, authors must break their dependence on social media sites. Sites like Facebook should always be servants of the greater brand…NEVER its master.
Tag: Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World
Jul 25 2016
Mar 09 2016
If you are a writer who has a goal of selling books it is wise to remember that audiences are not static. They change. Their tastes change with the times and we need to understand what is “trending” if we want to connect and entertain. Many new writers look to the classics for inspiration and …
Mar 02 2016
So many people say the same thing. “If I could only find the time…” Thing is, time isn’t lying around in the couch cushions hanging out with loose change, the TV remotes and stale Cherrios. It isn’t like time is hiding. Time is everywhere. And THAT folks is the problem.
Feb 18 2016
Businesses use FREE all the time…to generate business (as in PAID work). We need to do the same. But good businesses don’t just “make stuff FREE.” They get a good idea of the overall topography and then use FREE to maneuver advantage.
Feb 16 2016
To be successful in life we are going to have to play well with others. Yes, what we learned in Kindergarten was pretty much all we needed to know about life. We are going to have to work with all kinds of folks who are a different race, creed, religion or political leaning and we are wise to learn how to navigate differences.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Voice: What is Writing ‘Voice’ & Why is It Important to Storytelling? December 10, 2019
- Five Holiday Challenges Only Writers Will Understand December 6, 2019
- Unplugged Book Sales: Is It Possible to Sell Books Off-Line? December 4, 2019
- The Winning Edge: In a Glutted Market, How Can Authors Stand Apart? November 21, 2019
- The Evil Has Landed: Villains Could Be Much Like You…or Even Me November 18, 2019
- The Villain: Crafting Scoundrels, Sinners & Substance of Legends November 6, 2019
- On Writing: Why Mastery Should Matter to the Serious Author October 29, 2019
- Finding Our WHY: The Beating Heart That Keeps Our Muse ALIVE October 9, 2019
- Do Some People Lack the Talent to be a Successful Author? September 30, 2019
- Motive: The Key to Writing Stories Readers Can’t Put Down September 27, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.