Human nature is a weird thing and, had I not seen this 5% rule play out countless times, I’d still be an unbeliever. Yet, like everyone is not meant to be a Navy S.E.A.L., not everyone is meant to be a career author.
Tag: Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World
Apr 06 2015
Apr 02 2015
Either we are the non-stop All-Writing-All-The-Time Channel or we’re afraid to mention we have ever read let alone written a book lest we offend anyone. I get it. I struggle, too. We are artists and “selling” feels…ookey. Yes, ookey is a word.
- author brand, author platform, authors and social media, book spam, building an author platform, how to sell books on social media, Kristen Lamb, market norms versus social norms, Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World, social media content, W.A.N.A. International, We Are Not alone, why interruption marketing doesn't work on social media
Mar 30 2015
I’m finally home from speaking in Pennsylvania. Was honored to keynote for The Write Stuff Conference and super sad to leave. I get so attached to the writers and miss them when I have to go. Their passion, imagination and enthusiasm never fails to inspire me. I’d keep them and collect them in my basement …
Mar 16 2015
We all have those moments when we feel like tapping out, but when should we complain and when are we being self-centered? I would love to say I have all the answers. Just get me talking (or typing) and I sometimes am good enough to fool myself. But I simply do not know. I struggle …
Feb 27 2015
Success has a LOT of common denominators. Whether we want to be an excellent parent, run a thriving business, earn a promotion, have great friendships, become published, lose weight, one day have enough money to build a secret lab in the side of a mountain…? There are fundamentals we are wise to understand and apply. …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Finding Our WHY: The Beating Heart That Keeps Our Muse ALIVE October 9, 2019
- Do Some People Lack the Talent to be a Successful Author? September 30, 2019
- Motive: The Key to Writing Stories Readers Can’t Put Down September 27, 2019
- Characters: Audiences Read Stories, but Great Stories Read the Audience September 23, 2019
- Branding & The Brain: How Social Media Changes but People Never Will September 17, 2019
- Thirteen Reasons Writers are Mistaken for Serial Killers September 13, 2019
- Authors: Taking Charge of Our Future in a Time of Uncertainty September 11, 2019
- Fiction Addiction: 3 Simple Ways to Make Your Series HOOK Readers September 4, 2019
- Pay the Bookseller! Why C.E.O. James Daunt Won’t Save Barnes & Noble August 28, 2019
- Deep POV: What IS It & Why Do Readers LOVE It So Much? August 26, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.