Human nature is a weird thing and, had I not seen this 5% rule play out countless times, I’d still be an unbeliever. Yet, like everyone is not meant to be a Navy S.E.A.L., not everyone is meant to be a career author.
Tag: Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World
Apr 06 2015
Apr 02 2015
Either we are the non-stop All-Writing-All-The-Time Channel or we’re afraid to mention we have ever read let alone written a book lest we offend anyone. I get it. I struggle, too. We are artists and “selling” feels…ookey. Yes, ookey is a word.
- author brand, author platform, authors and social media, book spam, building an author platform, how to sell books on social media, Kristen Lamb, market norms versus social norms, Rise of the Machines Human Authors in a Digital World, social media content, W.A.N.A. International, We Are Not alone, why interruption marketing doesn't work on social media
Mar 30 2015
I’m finally home from speaking in Pennsylvania. Was honored to keynote for The Write Stuff Conference and super sad to leave. I get so attached to the writers and miss them when I have to go. Their passion, imagination and enthusiasm never fails to inspire me. I’d keep them and collect them in my basement …
Mar 16 2015
We all have those moments when we feel like tapping out, but when should we complain and when are we being self-centered? I would love to say I have all the answers. Just get me talking (or typing) and I sometimes am good enough to fool myself. But I simply do not know. I struggle …
Feb 27 2015
Success has a LOT of common denominators. Whether we want to be an excellent parent, run a thriving business, earn a promotion, have great friendships, become published, lose weight, one day have enough money to build a secret lab in the side of a mountain…? There are fundamentals we are wise to understand and apply. …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Gatekeepers & Good Books: Trophy Fishing in a Literary Tsunami July 15, 2019
- The Breakout Novel & Why Publishing is Desperate for the Next BIG Thing July 12, 2019
- Inner Demons: Soap Opera Drama vs. Story Drama July 9, 2019
- Fiction Addiction: How Great Storytellers Put the “Meth” into “Method” June 26, 2019
- The Death of Ye Olden Bookstores & the Author Identity Crisis June 19, 2019
- Barnes & Noble SOLD: Goliath has Fallen & What This Means for Writers June 11, 2019
- Game of Thrones: A Song of ‘I Literally Can’t Even’ May 20, 2019
- Flawed Characters vs. “Too Dumb to Live”: What Makes the Difference? May 13, 2019
- Bad People Make Better Stories: Crafting the Perfect ‘Unlikable’ Character May 7, 2019
- 5 Newbie Mistakes that Will KILL a Perfectly Good Story May 2, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.