Many of you who read this blog desire to be career authors, and kudos to you. It is a fun job and a great time. I used to be in sales. I literally hated my job so much I would throw up on the way to work. Every day I died a little more. This might …
Tag: career author
Jun 06 2011
- #MyWANA, agents, Are You There Blog It's Me Writer, blog, blogging, business, career author, editing, entertainment business, Facebook, fear, fiction, goals, indie, indie publishing, Kristen Lamb, marketing, plot, plotting, proofreading, publishing, readers, sales, self-publishing, social media, story, Success, taxes, traditional publishing, Twitter, WANA, We Are Not alone, Who Dares Wins Publishing, Writing
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Guilt: How Shame, Regret & Guilt Shape Story September 19, 2022
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Prologues September 14, 2022
- The Priority Parallax: What’s TRULY Important? August 17, 2022
- Optimism Overdose: Sometimes Life STINKS July 20, 2022
- World-Building: Captivate Readers & Never Let Go July 11, 2022
- Formula: Writing to Formula vs. Being Formulaic June 30, 2022
- Writing Rules: How & Why We Play ‘Follow the Reader’ June 23, 2022
- Neurodivergent: Being ‘Different’ in Life & Fiction June 14, 2022
- On Writing: Why Mastery Should Matter to Authors June 8, 2022
- Write FAST & Furious! Outrunning “Spock Brain” May 31, 2022
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.