Hey guys, Today Nancy Lin is here to help us with what might just be THE suckiest part of writing. But part of being a great writer, is also learning to be at least a good editor. We all need professional outside eyes on our work, and Nancy is here to help you get the …
Jun 06 2011
Many of you who read this blog desire to be career authors, and kudos to you. It is a fun job and a great time. I used to be in sales. I literally hated my job so much I would throw up on the way to work. Every day I died a little more. This might …
- #MyWANA, agents, Are You There Blog It's Me Writer, blog, blogging, business, career author, editing, entertainment business, Facebook, fear, fiction, goals, indie, indie publishing, Kristen Lamb, marketing, plot, plotting, proofreading, publishing, readers, sales, self-publishing, social media, story, Success, taxes, traditional publishing, Twitter, WANA, We Are Not alone, Who Dares Wins Publishing, Writing
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Science Fiction—More than Just Gizmos July 17, 2019
- Gatekeepers & Good Books: Trophy Fishing in a Literary Tsunami July 15, 2019
- The Breakout Novel & Why Publishing is Desperate for the Next BIG Thing July 12, 2019
- Inner Demons: Soap Opera Drama vs. Story Drama July 9, 2019
- Fiction Addiction: How Great Storytellers Put the “Meth” into “Method” June 26, 2019
- The Death of Ye Olden Bookstores & the Author Identity Crisis June 19, 2019
- Barnes & Noble SOLD: Goliath has Fallen & What This Means for Writers June 11, 2019
- Game of Thrones: A Song of ‘I Literally Can’t Even’ May 20, 2019
- Flawed Characters vs. “Too Dumb to Live”: What Makes the Difference? May 13, 2019
- Bad People Make Better Stories: Crafting the Perfect ‘Unlikable’ Character May 7, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.