Ah, it’s the last WANA Wednesday of 2011, and we are careening toward 2012. There are all kinds of writers and all kinds of paths to publication these days, but the down-side is that the competition is growing exponentially by the day. Many writers who would have simply made a resolution to query an agent …
Tag: traditional marketing
Aug 17 2011
Welcome to WANA Wednesday, the day I dedicate to helping you rock it hard when it comes to social media and building an author platform. Last week I talked about the dreaded Spam Toad. I know sometimes it seems I am being critical in my blogs. I want any writer who has made these mistakes …
Nov 03 2010
Welcome to the 100th post on the Warrior Writers blog! For over a year and a half, I have devoted this blog to the sole mission of making all of you amazingly successful authors. Monday is craft, but today is WANA Wednesday, the day I dedicate to helping you guys rock it hard with social media and …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Advice: The Great, the Bad & Good Intentions Turned Toxic Dogma July 9, 2020
- The Johari Window: Understanding & Harnessing the Character Blind Spot June 16, 2020
- Wounds: Unforgettable Characters are Fashioned from Damaged Pieces June 2, 2020
- Deception as a Storytelling Device: Introducing the Unreliable Narrator May 26, 2020
- Creating a Story-Worthy Problem That Will Captivate an Audience May 13, 2020
- Enemy Without a Face: When Dealing With a Different Sort of ‘Villain’ April 17, 2020
- The Truth About Introverts & Why the Quarantine is Hard on Us, Too April 10, 2020
- The BBT: Meet the Big Boss Troublemaker & Brain Behind All Stories April 6, 2020
- Ideas Collide: Powerful Storms are the Center of All Great Stories March 23, 2020
- Quiet: Have We Forgotten to Be Still in a World That Never Stops? February 28, 2020
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.