Welcome to the nineteenth installment of Twitter Tuesday. In the spirit of Twitter, this blog will be short and sweet and to the point. The tips offered here are all based off my best-selling book We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. If our goal is to build an author platform in the …
Tag: hashtag conversations
May 31 2011
May 24 2011
Welcome to the eighteenth installment of Twitter Tuesday. In the spirit of Twitter, this blog will be short and sweet and to the point. The tips offered here are all based off my best-selling book We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. If our goal is to build an author platform in the …
- #, #MyWANA, #MyWANA Twibe, agents, Are You There, blog, Blog? It's Me, blogging, books, brand, business, Community, Digital community, e-books, e-pub, e-publishing, editing, entertainment business, fiction, goals, hashtag conversations, Hashtags, indie press, indie publishing, Kristen Lamb, marketing, platform, plot, publishing, readers, sales, self-publishing, social media, story, Success, team, teamwork, traditional publishing, TweetDeck, Twitter, We Are Not alone, what do hashtags do, Writing
Jan 25 2011
Welcome to the second installment of Twitter Tuesday. The tips offered here are all based off my best-selling book We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. If our goal is to build an author platform in the thousands to tens of thousands, then we will have to approach Twitter differently than a faceless corporation or even the …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Dune, Dialogue, Wishing Sand Worms Would Kill Me November 19, 2021
- The Wound: How Pain Can Deepen Our Fiction November 10, 2021
- Johari Window: Harnessing Character Blind Spots November 5, 2021
- Drama: Three Simple Ways to HOOK Audiences November 2, 2021
- How Horror Can Improve Our Writing in ANY Genre October 29, 2021
- Hacking: The Secret Spice of Modern Storytelling October 25, 2021
- Silencers: Outside Hollywood Movies, Not Everything Can Be ‘Silenced’ October 19, 2021
- Firearms: The Writer’s Guide to “Knowing Your Weapon!” October 15, 2021
- Fight Scenes: Deep Cover & How to Write the Good Fight October 12, 2021
- Is Podcasting the New Blog? September 30, 2021
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.