Photo thanks to Jason Bacues of Bacues Billiards Welcome to WANA Wednesday, chock full of tips to rock your social media experience and based off my best selling books We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me Writer. One of the biggest complaints I hear about social media …
Tag: #MyWANA Twibe
Jun 29 2011
May 25 2011
I have been involved with using social media to build platforms for a few years now, which means I’ve had a unique opportunity to see what works and what doesn’t and what fails horribly. I choose to base my teachings off simple core truths that withstand the test of time. To me, social media is not …
- #MyWANA, #MyWANA Twibe, agents, blog, blogging, brand, business, collective effort, Community, critique groups, entertainment business, Facebook, fear, fiction, goals, indie, indie press, indie publishing, Kristen Lamb, marketing, platform, plot, publishing, readers, sales, self-publishing, service above self, social media, story, Success, team, Team-building, teamwork, traditional publishing, TweetDeck, Twitter, We Are Not alone
May 24 2011
Welcome to the eighteenth installment of Twitter Tuesday. In the spirit of Twitter, this blog will be short and sweet and to the point. The tips offered here are all based off my best-selling book We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. If our goal is to build an author platform in the …
- #, #MyWANA, #MyWANA Twibe, agents, Are You There, blog, Blog? It's Me, blogging, books, brand, business, Community, Digital community, e-books, e-pub, e-publishing, editing, entertainment business, fiction, goals, hashtag conversations, Hashtags, indie press, indie publishing, Kristen Lamb, marketing, platform, plot, publishing, readers, sales, self-publishing, social media, story, Success, team, teamwork, traditional publishing, TweetDeck, Twitter, We Are Not alone, what do hashtags do, Writing
May 09 2011
Before we get started, I would like to announce that my new book Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer is now ready for purchase at B&N in e-book. This week, we are going to take a break from talking about the antagonist and, instead, focus on some common writing errors that seem to plague …
May 04 2011
Welcome to WANA Wednesday, based off my best-selling book, We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. Today, I am letting you guys in on a cool new development. I am launching the #MyWANA hashtag group so that all of us have a place to congregate beyond this blog and make it easier to …
- #MyWANA, #MyWANA Twibe, blog, blogging, brand, business, Community, Digital community, editing, entertainment business, fear, fiction, goals, indie, indie press, indie publishing, Kristen Lamb, marketing, platform, publishing, readers, sales, self-publishing, social media, story, Success, traditional publishing, twibe, Twitter, We Are Not alone, Writing
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
Subscribe to Blog via Email
BigBlueButtonNo meeting rooms are currently available to join.
- The Death of Ye Olden Bookstores & the Author Identity Crisis June 19, 2019
- Barnes & Noble SOLD: Goliath has Fallen & What This Means for Writers June 11, 2019
- Game of Thrones: A Song of ‘I Literally Can’t Even’ May 20, 2019
- Flawed Characters vs. “Too Dumb to Live”: What Makes the Difference? May 13, 2019
- Bad People Make Better Stories: Crafting the Perfect ‘Unlikable’ Character May 7, 2019
- 5 Newbie Mistakes that Will KILL a Perfectly Good Story May 2, 2019
- Three Ways We Sabotage Our Own Success & How to Change April 24, 2019
- How Writing Faster Can Vastly Improve Your Storytelling April 11, 2019
- Optimism Overdose: Why It’s Healthy to Admit Life STINKS April 4, 2019
- Editing for Authors: 7 Ways to Tighten the Story and Cut Costs March 8, 2019
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.