This blog Welcome to the ninth installment of Twitter Tuesday. In the spirit of Twitter, this blog will be short and sweet and to the point. The tips offered here are all based off my best-selling book We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. If our goal is to build an author platform in the thousands to tens of thousands, …
Mar 15 2011
Twitter Tuesday #9
- agents, blog, blogging, bot, brand, business, fear, fiction, friendship, goals, indie, indie press, indie publishing, marketing, platform, plot, readers, relationship, self-publishing, social media, spam, story, Success, traditional publishing, Twitter, We Are Not alone, Who Dares Wins Publishing, Writing
- 31 comments
Jan 26 2011
Blogging Part 8–Connecting with the Readers
Welcome to WANA Wednesday, based off my best-selling book, We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. This is the day I dedicate to help you guys rock it hard when it comes to social media. For the past two months, we have been discussing blogging. If you are new to the blog, I …
Apr 14 2010
Where are All the Readers?–Social Media & the Writer's Revolution
- By Kristen Lamb in Uncategorized, Writing
But we need to permit readers into our lives as well. If all our actions tell readers to “Keep Out”–that this is a “Writers Only” group, then we can’t be shocked when we fail to connect.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital Age
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Aspiring Writers Need to Quit NOW May 24, 2023
- Rejection: What is REALLY in Control? May 16, 2023
- ‘Twas the Night Before Valentine’s February 10, 2023
- The Hero: Taking an MC from “Meh” to “Myth” February 3, 2023
- What Do You Call a Writer Who Never Reads? January 18, 2023
- To the Pain: Is Writing a Career or a Hobby? January 13, 2023
- Self-Sabotage: I Don’t Deserve Success November 29, 2022
- Unseen Blessings: Are We Truly Thankful? November 22, 2022
- 3 Simple Ways to Improve Your Writing & Increase Sales November 14, 2022
- Horror: Why We Love It, Hate It & NEED It October 19, 2022
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.