A couple weeks ago, I had a post about how to sell fiction. We explored the WHY behind the BUY. The same tools that will sell car insurance or bank accounts won’t work for selling books. Fiction is emotional, and often we will purchase based off feelings. This is why likability on social media is …
Jun 14 2011
Welcome to the twenty-first installment of Twitter Tuesday. In the spirit of Twitter, this blog will be short and sweet and to the point. The tips offered here are all based off my best-selling book We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. If our goal is to build an author platform in …
- blogging, brand, business, communication, Community, Congressman Weiner, Digital community, entertainment business, Fail Whale, fiction, indie, indie press, indie publishing, Kristen Lamb, marketing, platform, publishing, readers, relationships, sales, self-publishing, social media, Team-building, traditional publishing, Tweet, TweetDeck, tweeting, Twitter, Twitter Tip, We Are Not alone
Jan 26 2011
Welcome to WANA Wednesday, based off my best-selling book, We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media. This is the day I dedicate to help you guys rock it hard when it comes to social media. For the past two months, we have been discussing blogging. If you are new to the blog, I …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Change Matters: How to Write Stories that Grip Readers & Don’t Let Go April 16, 2021
- Sales: How Can You Sell More Books When You’re Terrified of Selling? April 5, 2021
- Commitment Matters: The Art of Embracing ‘The SUCK’ March 11, 2021
- ‘The Silence’ Movie: How to Botch Storytelling in Every Way Imaginable March 2, 2021
- Tough Choices: The Professional Writer’s Daily Grind February 23, 2021
- Amazing Grace: What Do We Do When We’re Our Own Worst Critic? December 21, 2020
- EVIL: Our Love-Hate Relationship With Mischief, Mayhem & Destruction November 13, 2020
- Transformation: Actions Speak Louder Than Words November 11, 2020
- Self-Discipline: Can’t Someone Else Just Do This FOR Us? November 9, 2020
- Holding Out for a Hero: Tips for Building a Protagonist Readers Will LOVE November 6, 2020
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.