No, this is not Kristen having a breakdown. She’s on a boat having fun. This is Cait, talking about why I hate blogging as much as I hate downward-facing dog in yoga. So, if I hate blogging, why do I do it? What’s more, why do I do it to Kristen’s exacting standards? Well, partly …
Tag: Rise of the Machines
Jan 19 2017
The single greatest challenge you will face in trying to accomplish anything great is FEAR. FEAR is nothing to be underestimated and we need to learn to manage it if we want to succeed. I remember being a kid and Dune was one of my favorite movies. At the age of ten I memorized Paul Atreides’ …
Jan 17 2017
We need to have a different kind of self-awareness when we decide to go pro at anything. We can’t afford the mindlessness of mediocrity. We can’t afford day after day of being reactive and permitting life to happen TO us.
Jan 10 2017
Publishers have always struggled to help authors create a brand. This is NOT a new thing…
Dec 30 2016
Technology always changes our reality and there are inevitable growing pains that go part and parcel with any innovation. Every meaningful advance always has social consequences. Always. From the Gutenberg Press to the Model-T to electric lighting humans have had to adjust, shift and learn to balance great benefits with never before encountered consequences. With …
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Upcoming Classes–Click for More Information
On Demand Classes–Click for More Information
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- Deception as a Storytelling Device: Introducing the Unreliable Narrator May 26, 2020
- Creating a Story-Worthy Problem That Will Captivate an Audience May 13, 2020
- Enemy Without a Face: When Dealing With a Different Sort of ‘Villain’ April 17, 2020
- The Truth About Introverts & Why the Quarantine is Hard on Us, Too April 10, 2020
- The BBT: Meet the Big Boss Troublemaker & Brain Behind All Stories April 6, 2020
- Ideas Collide: Powerful Storms are the Center of All Great Stories March 23, 2020
- Quiet: Have We Forgotten to Be Still in a World That Never Stops? February 28, 2020
- Story Power: Why the Lecture? Why Can’t a Book Just Be a Book? February 17, 2020
- The Synopsis: Why Love Hurts & Pain Can Be Good for Our Writing February 14, 2020
- Barnes & Noble Puts Literary Classics in Blackface for Black History Month February 6, 2020
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.