Today I have on my sassy pants because there’s a messy task ahead. Oh it will be a TON of fun, but messy. We are going to tip over some sacred cows like how fun is evil and misery is awesome. Granted I am from Texas and have heard stories of those miscreants who’ve sneaked …
Oct 02 2017
- By Kristen Lamb in Blogging, Business, Culture, Humor, Kristen Lamb, Publishing, Social Media Platform, Writing Tips
Jul 23 2015
I hear all the time that “motivational stuff” is crap, that cheerleading is useless, that all those books and speeches are there simply to take our money. What is success? Well, I don’t believe that success is worth giving up everything. Life and love are more important than being the best. And, to an extent …
Apr 29 2015
We all have heard the saying, “DaVinci had the same 7 days and 24 hours.” I would actually make a different point. Folks like DaVinci, Mozart, Shakespeare actually had LESS time.
Feb 09 2015
We’re a few weeks out from the New Year and many of us are struggling. I don’t think I am saying anything crazy when I assert that most of us would LIKE to improve. We want to learn and grow and be better over time. No one dreams about being broke, stressed, overweight and unhappy. …
Jul 30 2014
The weird paradox is that the more we let go, the more we can hold. We live in a world that tells us we can have it all. We can’t. Truth is, we can have it all, if we choose what is meaningful. BUT, there HAS to be a trade-off if we hope to do anything well (and remain sane).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
What is a brand? A platform? Why do we need one? How do we get one? Better still how can we create a brand with the power of driving book sales and still have time left to do THE most important part of our job? Writing more books.
This book demystifies branding and social media and harnesses the same passion and imagination we authors use to write books, then uses that to locate and cultivate a devoted fan base. The methods taught in this book can weather any technological upheaval, and is virtually fad-proof. The new cool social site might change, but your platform will remain.More info →
- The Writer’s Journey: From Total Newbie to the Joy of Mastery May 14, 2021
- Characters: The Emotional Touchstone Readers Crave May 5, 2021
- Change Matters: How to Write Stories that Grip Readers & Don’t Let Go April 16, 2021
- Sales: How Can You Sell More Books When You’re Terrified of Selling? April 5, 2021
- Commitment Matters: The Art of Embracing ‘The SUCK’ March 11, 2021
- ‘The Silence’ Movie: How to Botch Storytelling in Every Way Imaginable March 2, 2021
- Tough Choices: The Professional Writer’s Daily Grind February 23, 2021
- Amazing Grace: What Do We Do When We’re Our Own Worst Critic? December 21, 2020
- EVIL: Our Love-Hate Relationship With Mischief, Mayhem & Destruction November 13, 2020
- Transformation: Actions Speak Louder Than Words November 11, 2020
About Kristen Lamb
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her highly acclaimed debut mystery-thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.